Municipal Officer Salary In Pakistan Basic Pay Scale Grade Pay Allowances. In the Government department, Municipal Officer BS-17 post, they get their basic minimum pay of Rs 30,370 and they have their maximum basic pay of Rs. 76,360 increments of Rs 2300.
Municipal Officer Salary
Overall take a salary of a Municipal Officer is around 65000–70000 per month. However, due to being an important local government & community development department Municipal Officer in charge of a Tehsil he has a large number of employees, under his control. He is in charge of a huge development budget too. An enterprising (Read Corrupt) Municipal Officer can easily make a million a year in a corrupt state.
According to The Punjab Tehsil / Town Municipal administration rules of business 2002.
Functions and powers of the Municipal Officer
In addition to the duties and functions assigned to him under any other provisions of the Punjab Local Government Ordinance, 2001, (XIII of 2001) and these rules, the Tehsil/Town Municipal Officer shall:
(1) be the Principal Accounting Officer of the Tehsil/Town Municipal Administration and shall be the focal person in the Tehsil/Town Municipal Administration;
(2) co-ordinate the activities of all Tehsil/Town Offices and shall be responsible for the execution of sanctioned policy relating to the Tehsil/Town Municipal Administration;
(3) have the powers to call for any case or information from any Tehsil/Town Office;
(4) where the Tehsil/Town Nazim’s orders appear to involve a departure from rules, regulations, or Government policy, 2 refer the case to the Government for decision; and
(5) in matters of policy and important decisions, the Tehsil/Town Municipal Officer shall obtain the approval of the Tehsil/Town Nazim before communicating such matters and decisions to the Government.
(6) While submitting a case for the orders of the Tehsil/Town Nazim or Tehsil/Town Municipal Officer, it shall be the duty of the Municipal Officer to suggest a definite line of action.
TMO is BS-17 Govt. Servant
The syllabus is given in the PPSC advertisement
Qualification-related questions (80%)
- General Knowledge, (20%)
- Pakistan Studies, Current Affairs,
- Islamic Studies (Ethics for Non-Muslim
- candidates), Everyday Science, Basic Mathematics,
- Urdu, English, And Computer Studies
And just passing will be not, for an interview call, should have 80+ to 85+ numbers in written test in my opinion.
TEHSIL / TOWN OFFICER, (INFRASTRUCTURE & SERVICES) / ASSISTANT TEHSIL / TOWN OFFICER (INFRASTRUCTURE & SERVICES) (BS-17) IN THE PUNJAB LOCAL GOVERNMENT & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
- Degree in Engineering in the requisite discipline i.e. Civil Engineering from a recognized University; And
- Registered as Engineer with the Pakistan Engineering Council.
PAY Scale: BS-17
TEHSIL / TOWN MUNICIPAL OFFICER / TEHSIL / TOWN OFFICER (REGULATIONS) / CHIEF OFFICER (HQ) / COUNCIL OFFICER / ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (BS-17) IN THE PUNJAB LOCAL GOVERNMENT & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Age limits both male and female
- Male: 21 to 30 + 05= 35 years
- Female: 21 to 30 + 08= 38 years
Apply for the latest jobs online here