NADRA Launches Mobile Application for Online CNIC and Biometric Verification
Keeping pace with technological advances, the National Database and Registration Administration (NADRA) unveiled an innovative mobile app on Tuesday, 1st September, 2022. This mobile app will facilitate to get online CNIC and biometric verification.
On Tuesday announcement, according to the official statement by the Prime Minister, Imran Khan “The mobile application “Pak-ID” will help you to digitally capture biometric details and scan your documents through the use of smart phone cameras”.
The Nadra Chairman, Tariq Malik presented this innovative idea that implements on the PM’s vision of inclusive registration and digital Pakistan. By launching a mobile app “Pak-ID” the Pakistan becomes trailblazerin ID Management Industry. This mobile app captures candidate’s biometrics, finger prints, facial identification, and also check scan documents for the further process of Pakistani citizen online CNIC and documents.
NADRA Launches Mobile App for Online CNIC:
The Prime Minister, Imran Khan has launched a mobile app for the public to easily get their CNIC through online process. On smart phones, the digital app will help the Pakistani citizen including expatriates to digitally capture biometrics, finger prints, photographs, and essential documents.
The Nadra Chairman presented this innovative idea. He said “The innovation will revolutionize Pakistan’s national ID eco-system, bringing convenience to the public”.
He also said “The digital dividends of such technological innovation will pay off in terms of affordability, ease of doing business, and e-government initiatives through offering remote identification and e-KYC”.
You can install the mobile app “Pak-ID” from Google Play Store (Android) and also from Apple Store (IOS).
Availability of Processing Facility for Online CNIC:
Here we mention the available areas from where you can easily get your Online ID card.
- Applicants who live in rural areas of Pakistan, online processing facility for ID card is also available for them at selected Pakistan Post Offices
- Online Processing facility for CNIC also provides at the departure lounge of the Pakistan’s 8 X International Airports
These are the places from where you can use the mobile app for online National Identity Card.
Essential Instructions Before You Apply for Online ID card:
Before apply for the online ID, must follow such instructions that will help you in applying process.
- First off all, must check that which Application Type you need to apply for such as CNIC, NICOP, POC, FRC, or Verification Service
- Then clear the minimum system requirements and equipments, which you have to need in applying process. The system requirements and equipment that you need in online applying procedure are Desktop / Laptop, Printer, Scanner, Ink Pad (Blue or Black), and best Internet Connection.
How to Apply for Online renewal CNIC?
Here we provide a complete process for the candidates who want to facilitate with the “Pak-ID” mobile app.
- Firstly, register an account
- Select related category option and start your application process
- Fill an application form of your selected category
- After filling an application form, pay fee by your Debit Card, Credit Card, or E-Sahulat Franchise. E-Sahulat Franchise option is available only in case of Credit Card non-availability. (Cash on CNIC delivery option is not available for any candidate).
- Upload your scanned photograph or directly upload photograph through mobile app “Pak-ID”
- Scan and Enter your Finger Prints through downloading or also Capture candidate’s Finger Print by Nadra launched Mobile App “Pak-ID”
- Upload your required documents as scanned or also attach by mobile app
- After the completion of application, submit this
- You must have to attach all supporting documents such as Passport etc
The essential note for the online ID card applicants is to provide any in correct information may lead to legal processing against the applicants. The legal proceeding will hold under section 30 of NADRA Ordinance 2000.
Online ID Application Form Processing and Delivery Times:
For the applicant’s convenience, in this post, we also mention the processing and delivery times by Nadra officials. NADRA aims to process and deliver the ID cards according to the time frame but actual processing time will vary as per range factors.
- Process Time of an online Application for ID card begins after successfully application submission by an applicant
- Deliver Time of ID card begins after hand-over the card to courier service for delivery at applicant’s given address
- Missing Documentation of an applicant will lead to long processing times
Timelines Estimation for Online ID Card
|Stages of Online Application||Minimum Required Time Duration|
|Application Processing Stage||7 Working Days|
|Shipping in Pakistani Areas||2 Days of Working|
|Shipping at International Level||5 Days of Working|
Online Application Progress Updates by NADRA Mobile App:
NADRA will update an applicant through the mobile app “Pak-ID” through notifications about your application process. The notifications will send on your provided mobile number and email address.
The notifications will send at the following stages of your online application:
- Account Registration on Pak-ID mobile app
- Fee Submission Confirmation
- Successful Submission of Online Application
- Acceptance, Rejection, or Deferral about an Application
- Card Printing Notification
- And Card Deliver or Dispatch Notification
Tracing Your Application Status for Online ID card:
- An applicant can also track his/her application through Texting to “8400” your Application Tracing ID only if you are applying for online ID from Pakistan.
- The expatriates can check their application status through logging in by their registered account at the Pak-ID website.
NADRA Online Complaint Management System:
Moreover, we are informing you that NARDA also introducing “Online Complaint Management System” to provide ease to the online applicants who apply through www.id.nadra.gov.pk. The customer can reach to the complaint management through Skype Audio and Video Calls.
To provide complaint service to maximum number of customers, following time duration needs to follow;
- Audio and Video calls through Skype, call duration is maximum of 3 minutes for each complainer
- Only Online Processing of ID card complaints will be replied
All online ID customers who have any issue or complaint to online CNIC Services Center would be able to communicate to the Pak-ID Director. Customers would contact with the complaint officer on every Thursday from 1500Hrs till 1600Hrs PST through Skype ID [email protected].