Provinces of Pakistan ;
Pakistan has four provinces, and these names are:
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Punjab ;
- Area : (205,344 km²)
- Population : (110,012,442)
- Capital : (The capital of Punjab is Lahore.)
Punjab : is the biggest province of the Pakistan with large number of population, and it has a system of five rivers so that’s why we call this Punjab. Actually a single Punjab word that has couple of words like “Punj” means five and “ab” means water.
- Sindh ;
- Area : (140,914 km²)
- Population : (47.89 million)
- Capital : (The Capital of Sindh is Karachi)
Sindh : is the industrial province of the Pakistan and different kind of industries are located in Karachi, so this city is also capital of sindh. Sindh is the third largest province of Pakistan by area.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa ;
- Area : (101,741 km²)
- Population : (35.53 million)
- Capital : (The capital of this province is Peshawar)
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa : Old name N.W.F.P or North West Frontier Pakistan.Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is another province of Pakistan. Majority of the population in KPK are pashtuns/pathans That’s why govt . decided to change it’s name from N.W.F.P to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Balochistan ;
- Area : (347,190 km²)
- Population : (12.34 million)
- Capital : (The capital of Balochistan is Quetta)
Balochistan : is the biggest province of Pakistan in terms of area. But its population is the lowest compared to other provinces of Pakistan.