Both male and female applicants who meet the selection criteria for this scholarship programme are chosen to get PhD scholarships in order to complete their degree programme at one of the top 50 ranked universities in the world. The Foreign Ph.D. Scholarship Program has been developed by the Punjabi government. The scholarship program’s primary focus is on the deserving students of Punjab. However, a specific quota has also been set aside for applicants from other federating units of Pakistan.
Chief Minister Merit Scholarship Programme 2023
A special quota has also been allotted for other provinces, including AJK, Gilgit Baltistan (GB), FATA, and Islamabad Capital Territory. Students from Punjab will be given preference (ICT). The Chief Minister Merit Scholarship 2023 is open to Pakistani nationals who have submitted applications to one of the top 50 universities in the world according to QS.
Valid PhD admission offer in desired topic areas from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities in the World (QS ranking) (www.peef.org.pk/cmms).
• A grade point average of at least 60% throughout the academic career.
• Declared family income (including oneself, one’s spouse, and one’s parents) is PKR 200,000 or less each month.
• Never received a foreign scholarship before.
• The scholarship cannot be carried over to the next year; it must be accepted in the year it is offered.
How To Apply ?
- Apply online through www.peef.org.pk/cmms.
- Both men and women who are citizens of Pakistan are eligible to apply.
- At the time the application is submitted, the applicant’s age cannot exceed 35.
Preferred Subject Areas for Chief Minister Merit Scholarships
Preferred Subject Areas:
|Major Area||Specialization (Subject Areas for QS Ranking)|
|Engineering & Technology||Architecture Low Cost HousingUrbanizationPrefabrication|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering Photovoltaic Engineering MechatronicsModelling EngineeringPower Engineering|
|Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering|
|Life Sciences & Medicine||Biological Sciences Nano BiologyBio ProcessingComputational BiologyEntomologyStructural Biology|
|Veterinary Sciences AnatomyPhysiologyPharmacology|
|3. Natural Sciences||Physics & Astronomy PhotonicsBio PhysicsNanotechnologyPlasma PhysicsDevice Fabrication|
|Earth & Marine Sciences|
|Chemistry Nano Material ChemistryPhysical ChemistryInorganic Chemistry|
|Geography 1) GIS|
|4. Social Sciences & Humanities/ Arts||Economics & Econometrics Environmental EconomicsWaters EconomicsEnergy EconomicsEconomics of HealthEconomics of EducationUrban EconomicsPublic Finance Law Cyber LawsInternational LawsForensic LawsLegislative Drafting Political & International Studies China Studies Sociology Demography Statistics Sampling Statistics Arts & Design English Language and Literature History Historiography Linguistics Communication & Media Studies Electronic MediaSocial MediaFilm Making|
Discipline Wise Allocation of Scholarships
- Science-related fields are given 80% of the available scholarships.
- For social sciences, humanities, and the arts, 20% of scholarships are set aside.
Scholarship Geographical Distribution
- Scholarships have been made available to Punjabi students.
- 10% of the available scholarships are for Pakistan’s other federating entities.